This is a question I get asked a lot and it is an important one. But before I answer, I want to share with you a few stats and then share with you what I’ve recently learned, and you can decide for yourself.
• Roughly 80% of all American adults are either overweight or obese.
• 34.2 million Americans—just over 1 in 10—have diabetes.
• 88 million American adults—approximately 1 in 3—have pre-diabetes.
• 84 million people have cardiovascular disease. Someone is dying from this disease every 40 seconds.
• Alzheimer’s disease will likely affect 100 million people by 2050.
• Our rates of ADHD have increased by 400% – ADD/ADHD 1 in 8 – In this country we consume 90% of the world’s Ritalin.
• Cases of Autism – in 1975 1 in 5000 – today 1 in 36. Accelerated the fastest after 2012 – at our current rate 1 in 3 by 2035.
• Autoimmune disease has increased 3-fold in 50 years.
** From Blue Cross Blue Shield- From 2013-2017 there was a 407% increase in the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease in 30–45-year-olds with the average age being 49.
Here’s another question we must ask ourselves –
What is the common denominator that we all share as a people regardless of where we live or our ethnic background?
YES!! OUR FOOD……That said, there are a few things you need to know. Read more.